Re: [squid-users] Problem: Icons not appearing in FTP dirs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 01:02:21 +0200

Yes, it is supposed to be fixed in Squid-2.4 (actually only a problem to
a specific Squid-2.3 release).

What error do you get?

Common causes to FTP icon trouble (all Squid versions)

* Improper visible_hostname settings, causing the browsers to fail to
find the icon source

* Problem with no-proxy settings in the browsers and a multi-level Squid
hieararcy in a firewalled environment, causing the browsers to try to go
direct to a outer proxy layer where they are not allowed to contact
directly.

* And some other similar hierarchy issues where the browser ends up
contacting a cache server where access is forbidden.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker