Re: [squid-users] PRETTY URGENT: Auth Rejected, while authentication program(s) gives OK back to Squid

From: Daniël Mostertman <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 09:21:32 -0700

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your quick reply, I had to finish a Squid before today,
and thanks to you I managed to do so :)

My company wanted to block all sites which have to do with
porn/mp3/divx/hacking/cracking etc...

And only allow certain people (ICT) to access these sites.
Everybody is using the same DHCP & Proxy server,
so the only way to do so is to use restricted (read: password) access.

And since I was only blocking sites (read: deny),
I didn't think of 'allow' ... what this:

* http_access allow pornsites password
* http_access deny pornsites

But strangely enough, I can not add a timezone to the rule...
What I want is to enable users to access these sites without requiring a
password,
before and after working hours... but I can't combine timezone and password
acl's?

Hope someone could also help me with that.

// Daniël