Re: [squid-users] new user question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 11:22:08 +0200

The PAC failover mechanism is defined to 30 seconds every 30 minutes if
the primary proxy is completely gone (not even responding to ping). This
is the timeout for trying to contact the primary proxy.

If the primary proxy machine is up but the proxy service is down
(connections refused) then the failover is immediate.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker