[squid-users] authenticate_program and PHP

From: Mark Hall <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 20:24:03 -0500

I work at a 7-12 school, and we use the squid proxy server to accelerate
web access. I've recently learned that squid contains a
authenticate_program command that can be used to connect to a mysql
database to authenticate users and track their surfing. The example I heard
about uses perl, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience merging
squid with mysql via PHP?

I'm a coding newbie, so any specific examples would be greatly appreciated!