Re: [squid-users] SAMBA AUTH

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 10:25:06 +0200

Because this is how things work when you are using Basic HTTP proxy
authentication.

For "automatic" login to the proxy take look at ntlm authentication in
the upcoming Squid-2.5 release
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/)

Regarding the three different NT/SMB authenticators: They are mainly
three different implementations using three different approaches to talk
to the domain controller(s).

 MSNT uses "libsmbvalid" to talk to the domain controller

 SMB uses the samba client program

 multi-domain-NTLM the perl module "Authen::SMB"

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker