Re: [squid-users] Unable to forward this request at this time

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 20:51:47 +0200

Mohammad Junaid wrote:

> The only ICP related directive in my squid.conf file is "icp_access
> allow all" all other ICP related directives are commented. I have
> found couble of enteires of this error in my cache.log
> "idnscheckQueue: ID cc95:giving up after 20 tries and 106.9 seconds."
> Please advise.

The idns error is not related, unless it failed to look up the peer
address.. (not very likely).

Hmm.. you should have got entries in cache.log telling that it could not
select a source for the request. What server name was printed is in the
error message signature?

To continue the question about ICP, what do your cache_peer line(s) look
like?

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker