Re: [squid-users] Access log and Cache Manager

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 04:35:33 -0500

Yes the emulated httpd log format does include a time/date. But why not
just convert the time/date from the unix timestamp? There have been
about 5 different perl/bash/etc. scripts and one-liners for converting
posted to this list in the past. In fact I posted one less than a week
ago, and I'll post it again now:

#! /usr/bin/perl -p
s/^\d+\.\d+/localtime $&/e;

It's quite easy to pipe your logs through this little tool, and have
nice friendly human readable times. (Adrian, your maintaining the FAQ
now, right?...perhaps this should be in there? Oh, wait--it already is
in the FAQ, so nevermind. Mike, you could have saved yourself the time
of waiting for a reply--it's FAQ number 6.6.)

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-6.html#ss6.6

Looks like the FAQ really does answer the frequently asked questions!

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances