Re: [squid-users] tuning squid 2.3/2.4 on a slow connection

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 06:03:57 -0600

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001, Babak Farrokhi wrote:
> Sometime I heard that squid has it's own filesystem (squidfs or something
> like that) and as I remember there was a release containing that feature.
> what happened to that filesystem?

The first public release of squid which had anything resembling
a squidfs was 2.4-stable1. the FS in question (COSS) is sync-only,
limited to 2gig partitions and didn't work properly.

It was meant more as an example of what could be done, but noone
else has picked it up. Instead, I am finishing it to become more
useful. :-)

If there's a release of squid with some form of custom squidfs
integrated within it, I'm all ears.

Adrian