Re: [squid-users] Flags in log file

From: Subba Rao <subba9@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:32:32 +0000

On 0, Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se> wrote:
> See the Squid FAQ on http://www.squid-cache.org/
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid Hacker
>

> Subba Rao wrote:
> >
> > I would like to know the differences between the following flags in my Squid
> > access.log file:
> >
> > TCP_HIT
> > TCP_MEM_HIT
> > TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_HIT
> >
> > Where can I find more info about these flags? Also, is there anyway to find
> > out that the page loaded into the browser is not cacheable (on web server's
> > request)?

Thanks to everyone who replied! The following result code is appearing a lot
in my logs:

   TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS
          The client issued a "no-cache" pragma, or some analogous cache
          control command along with the request. Thus, the cache has to
          refetch the object.

Is this a Squid configuration issue or a the remote Web server issuing the
caching option to squid?

Thank you once again.

--
Subba Rao