Re: [squid-users] How to determine why an object isn't being cached?

From: Denis Haskin <dwhaskin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:27:49 -0400

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 15:11:59 -0400, Denis Haskin
> <dwhaskin@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >I find it a little
> >vague on how authentication affects cachability.
>
> I think the Squid FAQ is clear on this specific issue
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-12.html#ss12.23

Aha. I missed that. Thanks--that is very clear.

This is more a question on HTTP, but: if a request includes an
"Authorization:" header, and the origin response includes "Cache-control:
Public", does that mean the cache will now fulfill subsequent requests for
the object *without* requiring an authorization header? In other words, the
object suddenly no longer requires authorization?

Thanks,

dwh