[squid-users] Password for downloading

From: senthil <senthil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:11:11 +0530

Hi All

I am having a peculiar situation which requires me to give a passwords only
for downloading. The problem here is I dont use any sort of ACL groups or
anything. Is it possible to enable the squid to ask for a password before it
lets any one in my network to download some files. Or should I use some
other sort of patches or some thing. Please can anyone advise me about this.
I want to do this to prevent my users from downloading huge files which is
chocking my bandwidth.

regards

senthil