Re: [squid-users] squid using NTLM Authentication - failed to access sites that required authentication

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:34:11 +1000

That's unexpected. It works fine for authenticated sites using both
basic and digest authentication.

You're not trying to do "transparent proxying" and authentication at the
same time are you?

The error about fixErrorHeader: state 4 indicates that an _already_
authenticated client is sending authentication again.

a) This should have been trapped eariler on in squid - I'll look into
that.
b) That is very bad behaviour on the clients part - or you are using
transparent caching.

Rob