Re: [squid-users] url check

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 06:45:28 -0600

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001, Ronald wrote:
> I too have asked many times about Squid detailed programmers guide in this
> list. But nobody wants to answer for that I think.

I don't think its a case of "not wanting to", its a case of
"it doesn't exist" .

Writing an internals document on something like squid would

* take a long time
* be very large
* be out of date the minute someone types 'cvs commit'

and considering how fluid squid-HEAD is at the moment, the closest
"stable" branch that someone could document the code for is
squid-2.4 .

Remember, we're mostly volunteer funded now. If someone wants to step
up and document the squid internals, I'm sure that us coders would
be glad to answer any questions they might have (well, I know
I would be. :-)

Adrian