[squid-users] Re: Using Squid to accelerate Virtual Hosts.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:59:12 +0200

Matthew Taylor wrote:

> I have been reading some of your news postings regarding configuring
> Squid as an accelerator with much interest and I was wondering if you
> could shed some light on a problem we are having.

I can try, but I did not find any real explanation of your problem, only
some basic information on what you want to do.

> We would like to accelerate multiple virtual hosts on the same box,
> and also forward the correct hosts headers and ,if possible, the URI
> domains to the origin servers.

What do you mean by URI domain?

HTTP only defines the Host: header to carry the requested domain name.
The URI can also contain a domainname, but not when an origin server (or
accelerator) is contacted.

> I note your early adivce to someone with a similar problem as below,
> do you think this will solve ourt problme?

Most likely yes. The setup is a generic setup for accelerating any
number of virtual domains on any number of real "backend" servers.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker