Re: [squid-users] parent cache, how to do the following?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 09:32:23 +0200

Andrei B. wrote:

> 4 parent caches, no ICP to them. only one is up at a time.
>
> Can I configure squid to use all 4 of them and let squid figure it out
> which is active , and when I switch from one to the other (network
> configuration changes), i don't have to change squid.conf and send a
> reconfigure to squid?
>
> Is it possible?

Yes, just do it. (answer is assuming Squid-2.4, but earlier Squid
versions can be used as well but might temporarily return errors while
switching)

Note: On the first requests there will be a short timeout while Squid
tries to find which one is a live. The timeout period can be tuned.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker