[squid-users] A little ACL assistance

From: Robert Rickenbrode II <rkr_ii@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 10:37:44 -0400

Hey folks; I'd just like to run these settings by you to see if you see
anything wrong/inefficient with them (they're in place and are apparently
working):

1. I have 2 main groups of users: students and teachers.
2. I want to allow teacher unrestricted access to the web (via squid);
students have some blocking controls in place (hacking sites, porn, big
mp3's, etc.)

Here's what I've done:

ACL TEACHERS proxy_auth "/file/listing/my/teachers"
ACL STUDENTS proxy_auth REQUIRED
ACL blockedsites url_regex -i "/file/of/blocked/sites"
ACL unblockedsites url_regex -i "/file/of/sites/not/to/block"

http_access allow TEACHERS
http_access deny blockedsites !unblockedsites
http_access allow STUDENTS

What I'm wondering is that technically the teachers fall into both the
TEACHER list and the STUDENT list (due to the REQUIRED keyword). Is there
any problem with this?

Thanks, Rob

Robert K. Rickenbrode II
rkr_ii@yahoo.com