[squid-users] Re: NTLM auth and authenticated sites (was Re: [squid-users] squid using NTLM Authentication - failed to access sites that required authentication)

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:42:15 +1000

Thanks for that Jeremy. You've found a bug. (Something in squid isn't
checking whether squid is in transparent mode or not when
authenticateNTLMFixErrorHeader the crashing function is called.
I need to you generate a stacktrace of the crash. The easiest way I know
of is if you edit src/auth_ntlm.c and search for
"unexpected state in AuthenticateNTLMFixErrorHeader".

insert immediately before the fatal("unexpected ...) line, assert(0);

rebuild your squid (no need for make clean), and run with the new squid.
That should create a coredump when it crashes. Load up the coredump in
gdb and send the list and/or me the results of

> bt

Rob