Re: [squid-users] Can you prevent FTP Icons

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:38:30 +0200

James Hall-Kenney wrote:

> Short of a code change, is there any way to do this? I see lots of
> list archives for how to fix the icons, but none for how to break
> them ;)

Disabling FTP icons has been on my todo since I introduced the current
icon URL scheme.. (Squid-1.2.beta something.. many years ago). As you
notice it hasn't got done yet.

In coding it shouldn't be much more than changing a couple of lines. See
ftp.c:ftpHtmlifyListEntry().

A patch adding a squid.conf directive that disables icons is gladly
accepted. (see cf.data.pre, struct _Config in structs.h and the above
mentioned function)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker, http://www.marasystems.com/