Re: [squid-users] Question about data seg size ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:02:53 -0600

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001, 林英超 wrote:
> FreeBSD 4.1

There's a kernel option for that:

see /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT, search for MAXDSIZ and DFLDSIZ

This is in my jan 2001 LINT:

#
# Certain applications can grow to be larger than the 128M limit
# that FreeBSD initially imposes. Below are some options to
# allow that limit to grow to 256MB, and can be increased further
# with changing the parameters. MAXDSIZ is the maximum that the
# limit can be set to, and the DFLDSIZ is the default value for
# the limit. You might want to set the default lower than the
# max, and explicitly set the maximum with a shell command for processes
# that regularly exceed the limit like INND.
#
options MAXDSIZ="(256*1024*1024)"
options DFLDSIZ="(256*1024*1024)"

Also check out /etc/login.conf ..