[squid-users] Squid-Cisco

From: Michael Baird <mike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:09:01 -0400

I've been running Squid as a transparent proxy for about a year now
(using kernel 2.4.3/Squid2.4.Stable1), and iptables for my redirect.
We've recently brought in some Cisco routers and I'd like to move to
WCCP, I'm wondering what I need to do to make this work properly. I've
read through the FAQ's on squid-cache.org, and it looks like I can get
it working by leaving my existing ip-tables rules in place, getting the
ip_wccp module and compiling it, and enabling wccp on the Cisco, also a
few additions to squid.conf in regards to wccp. Is there anything else I
should look out for? Is version2 of WCCP supported by linux/squid yet?
Do Cisco's route directly if they can't find a WCCP peer? Is there a
version of ip_wccp allready available for the linux 2.4.xx kernel
series?

Regards
MIKE