Re: [squid-users] memory utilisation

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:53:07 -0500

Of course! Your Squid has a 91MB process size. You shouldn't expect to
have much memory free if you only had 100MB before Squid started.

Squid takes a lot of memory, Edward. It keeps an in-memory index of
every cached object. The bigger the cache storage, the bigger the
in-memory index. 91MB is actually a quite modest size for a Squid
process. Our biggest boxes in the field run with a 300MB Squid process.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances