[squid-users] OpenLDAP and Squid Authentication module

From: Chris Ross <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:32:30 +0100

Due to requirements we have made some clean ups and modifcations to the LDAP module
for squid. We are releasing this code to the general public. The code can be obtained from

http://www.uksolutions.co.uk/downloads/squid_ldap_auth-chris-uks.tar.gz

This module provides the ability to authorise a user based upon "uid" and the "userPassword"
object attributes. It also has the ability to check an objectClass at the the same time. This
feature is particularily useful when a user exists within the LDAP database but you dont want
to let them have access to the squid proxy server. This module will also operate correctly
even when users are not authorised to read the userPassword field.

We hope this code is useful. If there are any queries please do not hesitate to contact myself,

Regards

Chris Ross

UKSolutions, part of CAD
Including UK Shells, UK Colo

Tel: 01527 851 333 - Fax: 01527 851 301
Web: www.uksolutions.co.uk
Email: chris@uksolutions.co.uk
This email, and any attachment, is confidential and may contain information
which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy
the email. You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or
disclose its contents to anyone.