RE: [squid-users] Re: usage of pac

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:11:37 -0700 (PDT)

yeah...

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Jorge Cuellar Martinez wrote:

> are you telling me that i have to add a record to my DNS as
>
> wpad A 192.16.15.34
>
> and in the webserver 192.16.15.34 i need to put the file wpad.dat in the
> root directory?
>
> that file should have the same syntax as proxy.pac?

it does

in my evironment proxy.uoregon.edu has a cname wpad, and it runs a
webserver with to files, autoconf.pac (for people doing manual
configuration) and wpad.dat which is a symlink to autoconf.pac...

you can take a look at the expired draft standard here:

http://www.ws.afnog.org/services/helpdesk/proxy/wpad_expired_rfc.html

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.