[squid-users] Dns Error???

From: Ethy H. Brito <ethy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:32:28 -0300 (BRT)

Dear Squiders

I am using Squid 2.4-S1 under Linux 2.4.2 with transparent proxy.
Compilation options:
--enable-dlmalloc --enable-gnuregex --enable-removal-policies "heap lru"
--enable-linux-netfilter

Client browsers: IE 5.5 and Netscape 4.51 (same behavior on both)

Almost everything is allwrite. :-(
I receive back the following error every time I try to read a URL containing
"?".

The relevant (I think) config options follows:

hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin \?

acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY

access.log says:
TCP_MISS/302 333 GET http://br.yahoo.com/hd/? - FIRST_PARENT_MISS/parent text/html

What do squid mean "FIRST_PARENT_MISS"?? What about hierarchy_stoplist??

The bellow error arises when clicking over for example "checar e-mail" at
http://www.yahoo.com.br/

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?
The following error was encountered:
     Unable to determine IP address from host name for login.yahoo.com
The dnsserver returned:
     Name Error: The domain name does not exist.
This means that:
 The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.
 Check if the address is correct.

This error does not occur when using the browser at Squid machine with
Netscape proxy options set to manual.

What am I doing wrong?

Ethy H. Brito /"\
InterNexo Ltda. \ / CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML
+(12) 341-6860 X ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
Sao Jose dos Campos / \