Re: [squid-users] mailing list format - HTML mail.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 04:20:20 -0600

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

*laugh*
And its a very small chunk of the mailing list too. :-)

> > Here is my stance on HTML mail:
> >
> > If it bugs me, and I get bugged very easily by it, you're off.
> > I handle autorepliers (both private and public) to list subscribers
> > in the same fashion.
> >
> > Attempting to filter html to plain text can become a pain, especially
> if
> > the reply quoting is handled in one of the wonderfully varied ways
> > outlook can express it.
> >
> > Next ... ? :-P
>
> Don't filter... just reject. I suspect I can get mailman rules to do
> this for you if I ask someone nicely.

Got an ezmlm filter? :-)

I'm sure I could invent a quick regexp to drop posts with HTML in them.
All I'd need is a bit of perl that takes the message on stdin.
If someone wants to whip one up I'll give it a run (my spare time
is rather >< right now..)

ADrian