[squid-users] [no subject]

From: Smurfin <smurfin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 09:22:07 -0500

I've a little question about webaccelerating, and i can't find the answer
on the website.
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html#what-is-httpd-accelerator)

Can i install a reverse-proxy (=webaccelerator) for other services than
http.
I mean, does it work for FTP and readaudio/realvideo.

(if i forward the ftp-connections etc. to the squid-port)

I guess you can't proxy realaudio/video, but is it possible that squid
handles the connection.

I need to implement a reverse proxy (actually 2 with failover)
(loadbalancing is impossible for me)

Behind the reverse proxy are some servers, 2IIS, 1 apache, 1 ftpserver
and 1 realaudioserver.

Anybody an idea?
I'm quite new with linux & squid, but i need to do this for a project at
school.

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com