AW: [squid-users] squidGuard

From: Flaig Benno <Benno.Flaig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:08:25 +0200

the examples given there do work.
start with the most simply one.

Take care:
squidguard runs as the same user as squid does.

1st:
set permissions for the log file directory properly
2nd:
look into the log files to see what breaks.
3rd:
(most likely) set permissions on the squidguard.conf file.
4th:
be shure, that squidguard finds your configfile.
by default, squidguard looks at /usr/local/squidGuard/squidGuard.conf
(if not someone stated another default at compile time)

set your squid.conf to:
redirect_program /prefix/bin/squidGuard -c /wherever/squidGuard.conf

had the same troubles when starting with squidguard, needed
hours to figure out that it was as simple ;-)

benno