Re: [squid-users] failing to contact cache parent

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 02:28:48 +0200

Edward wrote:

> After a number of tests, I am starting to think so.

I don't. When Squid finds a dead peer it very clearly says so

Detected DEAD parent .....

> They told me that it was a squid system.
>
> I will double check again with them.
>
> Can squid work with other cache engines like cacheflow and so on?

All of them, but for most you need to disable ICP. (generally a good
thing for most parent relations anyway, even if the parent is a Squid)

See the no-* cache_peer options. You probably want most of them..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker