Re: [squid-users] Squid Caches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 11:39:40 +0200

wojtek@3miasto.net wrote:

> > [About what Sun DiskSuite is]
> > A RAID manager used in most versions of Solaris. Included in the server
> > license.
> >
> > Not 100% sure it is still delivered with Solaris 8 but I think so.
>
> hmm..i think using squid on RAID isn't good idea unless it's RAID 0

Actually the log function of disksuite is independent of RAID. The log
is used to speed up filesystem meta operations and to avoid fsck on
unplanned reboots.

Note: the "built in" log function of UFS in Solaris does not really
speed up metadata opeations. It only addresses the need for fsck.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker