[squid-users] [squid-user] FreeBSD 4.3 with Squid 2.4 Stable

From: Lim Seng Chor <Lim.Seng.Chor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:23:13 +0800

Hi, I appreciate if someone can help me on this problem.
Previously I had a FreeBSD 4.0 Release and Squid 2.3 Stable3
was installed on my freebsd box. It was working very good.
Now, I have a FreeBSD 4.3 and trying to installed the Squid 2.4
Stable1 (most recent snapshot) to it. Compilations and installation
all seemed fine. However, when I invoked the command "squid -
NCd1", and used a Microsoft IE 5.5 client to connect, squid died
with the following message:

segmentation fault
/kernel pid 19492 (squid), uid 65534 exited on signal 11

so, I did a following test:
> telnet mynewproxy 3128
> GET http://www.sit.edu.my HTTP/1.0

sadly, my squid server died with segmentation fault message. : (

After that, I tried to install Squid 2.3 Stable3 on my FreeBSD4.3, it
worked!
but, when i tried to configure my squid 2.3 stable 3 with certain
feature enable (eg snmp, icmp) later , it was having exactly the
same problem i encountered as Squid 2.4. interestingly, when i
configured again without any features enable, my squid 2.3 stable
3 is not working anymore.

Could someone help me please?

From Joe/MIS/SIT

Lim Seng Chor, Joe