Re: [squid-users] Fw: Update on Sattellite

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 15:49:25 +0200

I don't see the need for an additional NIC unless you need that for your
cabling purposes..

If I understand your problem right you need to route requests from
different clients out on different paths. There are three ways you can
do this (and neither really requires an additional NIC, but it might
simplify your networking cabling/routing)

a) Run more than one Squid, one for each set of users

b) Have a parent proxy for one of the groups (or one for each), and use
cache_peer_access to send the correct user group there

c) Use a Squid-2.5 patched with the tosaddracl patch to allow Squid to
select different outgoing IP's for each group of users, and then set up
your routing to have each of these IP's routed appropriately.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker