[squid-users] cache_dir : )

From: Lim Seng Chor <Lim.Seng.Chor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 01:17:03 +0800

Hi,
I would like to find out something about cache_dir setting.
Is there any good rules for me to follow how to decide on how many
first level and second level subdirectory I should set?
if, let say, I have a 9gb hdd going to entirely dedicate for my squid
cache, should i create one big partition or divide into 2 or 3
partitions in order to obtain a better r/w performance? does this
matter?
anyone can compare the good and bad over the ufs, aufs, diskd for
me? to have a better idea on making decision on it!!
: )
thank you very much!!

From Joe -