Re: [squid-users] Combined logformat?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 23:24:52 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mattias Paulsson" <pson@lls.net>
To: "Marc Hansen" <marc.hansen@tg.fh-giessen.de>
Cc: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 11:26 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] Combined logformat?

> Yes, exactly and we are working on a patch to achive this right now,
if it
> works then we'll release it to the rest of the world.

If I might make a suggestion: access.log is parsed by a number of tools
that expect a given log format: in your patch if you make a runtime or
compile time option to turn on your combined log, you will keep
backwards compatability with a single source set. That should allow your
patch to be included in future squids so you will not need to maintain a
patch set.

Rob