[squid-users] chaining a squid proxy to an external proxy both with differents auth

From: <dam012345@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 16:23:46 +0200

hello,

i have a squid 2.4 proxy installed with msntauth
authentification and squidguard
it works fine

i have to chain this proxy to another biggest proxy
which i have access via a rented line

the problem is that second proxy is the propriety of our
provider and has its own authentification

in my test when a client want to access the net they have
to authenticate on my proxy but then, if they pass my
proxy authentification, they always got a timeout
i believe it is because squid have to authenticate with
my provider proxy

as i can't allow (for confidentiality and safety reasons)
users to directly connect to my provider proxy and
because i have to filter access of my users is there a
way to make squid authenticate with my provider proxy or
to by-pass the problem ?

damien