[squid-users] Re: SSL?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 10:29:53 +0200

Fine. Then lynx compiled with ssl support is THE browser knowing how to
use a SSL enabled proxy. But please make sure it still works with SSL
sites also.. (ie, can lynx do SSL over SSL?)

The GUI browsers only allows you to set the host and port of the proxy,
not a full URI, so you unfortunately cannot tell them to use https for
talking to the proxy.

The open-source ones you might be able to presuade to support
SSL-proxies, but you might have a harder time with the commercial ones.