Re: [squid-users] routing OR different IP address

From: Edward <edward@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 12:47:59 -0400

Great!

Ok, my cache have two ip from different subnets.

I have the a policy route to the cache on one ip address.

eg
access-list 110 deny tcp any any neq www
access-list 110 deny tcp host 200.50.68.7 any
access-list 110 permit tcp any any
access-list 110 deny tcp any any
access-list 120 deny tcp any any neq ftp
access-list 120 deny tcp host 200.50.68.7 any
access-list 120 permit tcp any any
access-list 120 deny tcp any any
route-map cache permit 110
 match ip address 110
 set ip next-hop 200.50.68.7
!
route-map cache permit 120
 match ip address 120
 set ip next-hop 200.50.68.7

The other IP is 64.110.11.2.

As you can see here, the ciso is only sending to the 200.50.68.7.

What I believe here, after sending you that email, 64.110.11.2 is not getting pass the router faste0/0 interface.

If that is the case then I will have to add

        access-list 110 deny tcp host 64.110.11.2 any

to the access-list.

What do you think Henrik?

Please have a nice sunday.

> > Now if possible routing is setup in the cisco to route to one of the
> > subnet containing the caching server, say 1.1.0.4. What will happen to
> > the other subnet when squid use that outgoing address from that
> > subnet?
>
> Sorry, I do not understand your question. Can you please outline it in
> more details?
>
> Routing is routing between things, you cannot route to a subnet.
>
> > Would it keep on getting bounce back?
> > cisco-to-cache cache-to-cisco and so forth
>
> If you are doing "transparent" redirection of port 80 to the cache then
> you must make sure that any of the IP's the cache may use for outgoing
> connections is not redirected back on the cache.
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid Hacker

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Edward Millington
(Network Administrator & Senior Technical Support Technician)
Cariaccess Communications Ltd.
Wildey
St. Michael
Barbados