AW: [squid-users] squidGuard

From: Flaig Benno <Benno.Flaig@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:56:10 +0200

in /etc/squidGuard.conf:
---<snip>

dest somename {
        domainlist /etc/somewhere/yahoodomains
        redirect http://some.other.url.com
    }

acl {
        default { pass !somename all }
    }

---<snap>

in /etc/somewhere/yahoodomains:
---<snip>
mail.yahoo.com
www.yahoo.com
---<snap>

note: this configuration comes close to example no 4 in squidguard
config guide. You will see that a lot of problems can just be solved
using and modifying the examples.

I am not shure, but I think that transparent (intercepting) caching
breaks redirection as:
- the clients do DNS resolution themselves and may just send a
request to an ip-address instead of a domain. So your domain acl
would not match.
- the clients see content coming in from a different server than the
requested one.

benno