[squid-users] couple of questions ...

From: Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 00:39:07 +0600 (YEKST)

Dear Sirs,

I enabled "authenticate_program" in squid.conf. It works !
It asks username/password and checks whether the pair is correct.
However, according to access.log, the first requested HTML page
is "fetched" even if password was incorrect. How can I fix it ?
The requested page remains in cache, but I don't want my users
to kill my cache such way.

How can I allow users to get documents from the cache without
being "authenticated" ?

and, finally, how can redirect access.log to SYSLOG ?
or, probably "pipe" it to another programme (SYSLOG, however is
preferrable)

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)
Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)