Re: [squid-users] Short name resolution

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 13:38:23 +1000

You could try adding an entry to your etc/hosts file. I do this for our
local servers, rather than internet servers.
You could also try playing with an acl rule that matched just the word
'novell' and have the error page as a redirecting page to the real Novell site.
Failing that why not just get users to create a shortcut in their browser?

At 11:14 9/05/2001, you wrote:
>We are configuring a squid server (under Linux) and we were wondering how we
>can setup squid to work with the short name url?
>
>For example if I type in netscape "novell" in the url without squid, netscape
>connect to "www.novell.com". When we use squid it give an error saying no
>dns entry for "novell".
>
>Any help will be appreciated.
>
>Cheers.