[squid-users] Invalid Request

From: Jie Chen <ccx239@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 12:11:05 +0100

Hi all

I've been running squid (2.3STABLE4) compiled with option
--enable-underscores on two Red Hat Linux 7.0 boxes (sibling).

When clicking the icon Free Email or Check Your Email on web site
http://www.kikuyu.com, The following error was encountered:

=======================
ERROR

While trying to process the request:

GET
http://ads.admonitor.net/adengine.cgi?F495|1001|1|jscript|C|||_admonito
r HTTP/1.0
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
Cookie: ID=19361107143986289962

The following error was encountered:

     Invalid Request

Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:

     Missing or unknown request method
     Missing URL
     Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
     Request is too large
     Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests
     Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

It works fine without squid. Doesn't squid like the character | ?

Can somebody tell me why it happens and how to fix it?

Thanks

Jie