Re: [squid-users] No cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 19:31:24 +0200

Which have very little to do with disabling caching in Squid.

I have found quite many IE versions to hang given certain HTTP header
combinations. A couple happened to be commonly introduced by Squid (for
example: the combination of "Age: 0" and "Cache-Control: max-age=0").

When thins like these and similar browser issues are successfully
identified we attempt to add workarounds in Squid not to trigger the
browser bugs, but doing so is not always possible.

A good start is you want to have the problem further diagnosed is to
enable log_mime_hdrs in squid.conf, and then see if there is any
peculiar pattern in the logged headers when IE hangs.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker