Re: [squid-users] Using two caches

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:22:48 +0200

Define "before".

Normally you chain caches when you have this requirement

your -> local -> ISP

in which case you only configure "local" as a parent to your cache, and
"local" in turn uses the ISP cache as parent.

If you only want to fetch cache hits from the local cache then set up a
sibling relation to it.

your -> isp

local

but this requires the "local" cache to support ICP or cache digests, or
else there is no method for querying if the objects are cached or not.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker