Re: [squid-users] httpd_accel on port 80 causing access denied

From: Josh Kuperman <josh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 11:06:59 -0400

Going through the FAQ I thought I changed all the lines
mentioned. Though I'm not sure. I might still be a
misunderstanding. I've tried with the client machine specifying access
through the proxy and specifying the address as a local address to be
bypassed.

My http_port line looks like

http_port 80

The goal was to run Apache on 127.0.0.1:80 and squid on
in my case 192.168.200.78:80.

I'm sort of confused the acces_log reports and odd variety of
messages. There seem to always be two messages one with the requesting
machines address and one with the servers address. (I decided to use a
different machine as the web browser as using lynx running on the same
machine as squid and apache seemed to guarantee more difficulty in
deciphering the logs.) But in all cases they seem to be messages that
would be expected in some circumstances. TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/403,
TCP_SWAPFAIL_MISS/403. During some tests I may have triggered a
forwarding loop. I've tried direct access as well as with squid
specified as the proxy.

When I switch to using port 81 for the web server things work
again. My main goal in doing acceleration is to let this squid work as
a reverse proxy or rewriting proxy, so I can subtlely provide access
to semi-restricted things to some users, in addition to speeding up
the local web site. I don't think it matters if I run it on 80 or
81. I just dislike the thought that some Squid Users can do it and I
can't.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@saratoga.lib.ny.us