Re: [squid-users] Problems with "livelink"

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 06:02:08 -0500

While I can't say why the site isn't working, I can say that .exe files
run on the origin server, not on the client...and so, almost certainly
should not be returned with a mime type of application/octet-stream
(unless that is what is being generated for the client by the origin
server when it runs the exe).

I expect for us to be able to help you, you'll need to link us to a site
that actually exhibits this problem.

Also, you haven't told us what is wrong, just what you think is broken
in Squid...are you seeing the contents of the exe file being served to
the client and displayed by the client browser? Or are you instead
getting an error of some sort, or just a timeout? The first is the only
problem here that would be caused by a mime type mismatch as far as I know.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances