[squid-users] SSL Problem

From: Larry J Eng <Larry_J_Eng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:20:10 -0400

Hello All,
     I have a very strange problem. I am running on Solaris 2.7 with Squid
2.3.Stable4. There is an SSL site that my users are accessing, but when they
enter in their userid and password in the SSL page it basically hangs there. I
can reproduce this problem every time. I have been testing by using 3
workstations with IE. I pull up the SSL signon page with all three of them and
enter in the userid/password. Then I hit enter one after the other. Basically
the first machine or which ever one actually communicates to Squid first will
get the page and the other 2 machines will sit there and wait. I also have the
same version of Squid running on an AIX 4.3.3 machine just fine. They are
actually smaller hardware wise, but I don't experience any sort of problems from
them.
     The configurations for both the Solaris and AIX machines are the same,
except for the memory and cache size. The Solaris machine is set for 256 Mb of
RAM and 2048 Mb of cache. The AIX machine is set for 24 Mb of RAM and 200 Mb of
cache. Yeah I know... BIG size difference.

Any ideas? It's been bugging me for a while. I'm going to try strinking the
RAM and cache of the Solaris machine to the same size as the AIX.

Thanks,
Larry