Re: [squid-users] Need Idea

From: Joerg Fritsch <joerg.fritsch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 23:26:09 +0200

It is not only about Micro$oft. When you change proxy- settings (i.e. Port#)
you need to touch every client in the house. With a way like described below
someone could change the settings without any dull work. Torsten.Lange who
occasionally posts to this list has described a nice way though.

We need to be openminded. I personally have a Micro$oft allergy, but it is
no good to behave religous- driven when it comes to operating systems.

--Joerg

<snip>
am 17.05.2001 21:30 Uhr schrieb Drash, Jim [EESUS] unter
JDrash@EESUS.JNJ.com:

This capability is delivered via Windows System Policies that are put in as
you login to the network. squid is a proxy and that is all it should be.
It is very easy in a Windows shop to set the policies to have IE use the
squid proxy. I have this exact setup today. I do not want squid to take on
bloat. Having this is squid would be horrible!!