Re: [squid-users] Re: Redirector problem

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 22:19:26 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: <dam012345@diligo.fr>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 10:13 PM
Subject: [squid-users] Re: Redirector problem

> i've got the same problem a few weeks ago :
> first if you use squidGuard you redirect rules should be like that in
squidGuard.conf
> redirect 302:http://sianet14/
> (the "302:" is important)
> => without the "302:" the same pop-up pbl appeared on clients when
squidGuard has to filter an ad or an entire page for each elements that
has to be filtered

> then in squid.conf :
> cache_peer upproxyname parent 8080 3130 default no-query
login=name:pass
> (no-query is important)
> never_direct allow all

This is a different scenario. Redirectors are not associated with this
problem. (Chaining proxies with authentication on both proxies).

> this have solved my problems when i chained squid to a parent proxy
(before chaining, all worked fine without that)

an IE auth dialog (like www.clanbase.com when logging in)
> acl mdp dstdom_regex -i file_that_contain_these_kind_of_site
> http_access allow mdp
>
> because when entering the loggin for the special web site, squid ask
for the nt user, pass and domain to the user (very boring)

This was a bug. It's fixed in our unstable code, but in a rather ugly
way :]. I'm working on a clean patch to the main squid 2.5 source for
that.

Rob