Re: [squid-users] socks5 with squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 21:43:16 +0200

Why then do you have a Socks server?

Squid is not a Socks proxy, only a HTTP proxy. There is no way a HTTP
proxy can redirect requests to a Socks proxy. Only think it can do is to
forward received HTTP reqests to the Socks server, but I see very little
benefit in doing so...

Socks has it's model of user authentication, HTTP another. Both can
connect to the same user database.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker