[squid-users] Big FTP problem

From: <nicos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:36:52

Hello!!

I am system administrator "Dialectica Ltd"(Russia).
I installed recently Squid 2.4 Stable 1 on Linux box(Red Hat 7.0).There is Firewall(ipchains) together with Squid on this computer.Computer have two Ethernet interface,first interface have real IP-address,second interface have IP-address from scope 192.168.0.0/8 (how all clients in localnet).I enable masquerading for localnet.Now, all clients can get access WWW servers via Squid, but they can't get access to FTP servers.I've checked, from Linux box I can get access to FTP servers,and I think that Firewal don't prevent access to FTP.I checked by ipchains with option C ,ports 21 and 20 is open, also open unregistrated ports for TCP (for passive channel).I put option always__direct allow FTP,but it don't help me.

How can I configurate Squid for access to FTP for internal clients?
But I don't configurate Squid for interaction with other proxy-servers.
Can Squid work , if he can't access to other proxy-servers?
Squid test successfully DNS.

Thanks you

Hello!!

I am system administrator "Dialectica Ltd"(Russia).
I installed recently Squid 2.4 Stable 1 on Linux box.
There is Firewall(ipchains) together with Squid on this
computer.Computer have two Ethernet interface.Now,