[squid-users] newbie dns question

From: Matt Ashfield <mda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:28:06 -0300

HI All,

Running 2.3 Stable 4 on AIX 4.3.3

I have a private network set up, with my squid box having an interface on that net. No dns server is on this private network. In my squid box's /etc/resolv.conf I have two of our dns servers specified.

The problem is when a pc on the private network attempts to load a webpage, an error message is returned directly from the browser (note: not a squid generated error) that it cannot resolve the webpage name.

My question is that I understood that squid used the dns server's specified in /etc/resolv.conf does it not? SHouldn't my squid box have done the dns name resolution rather than the pc?

Thanks

Matt
mda@unb.ca